Packing List and Tips
Well-labeled, familiar clothes and items help campers return home with all their belongings. Sending a checklist with your camper will help them remember what to take back as they pack to return home. Closed-toe shoes are required for sports activities and challenge course activities.
Items to pack
- 7 pairs of shorts
- 1 pair of jeans
- 7 t-shirts
- 7 pairs of underwear and socks
- Pajamas or sleepwear
- 2 one-piece swim suits for females; two pairs of swim trunks for males
- Lightweight jacket
- Cap or hat
- 2 pairs of comfortable, close-toed shoes (athletic shoes preferred)
- Sleeping bag and/or sheets and blanket
- Bath towel and wash cloth
- Beach towel
- Personal hygiene items (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.)
- Shower shoes (flip flops)
- Insect repellent
- Laundry bag
- Flashlight and batteries
- Water bottle (label with camper name)
- Disposable camera
- White t-shirt (to use in tie-dye arts and crafts project)
- Stamps, note paper and pens (to write letters home)
- Plastic bags (for wet clothes)
Prescription medication must be in original containers and placed in a labeled, resealable plastic bag. Please send only the amount of medication need to last the duration of your camper’s stay at camper. Do not send their entire supply.
Do NOT Bring
Food, drinks, radios, iPods, tablets, computers, cell phones, and electronic games aren’t allowed at camp. If found, these items will be held in the office until the end of a camper’s session. The Pines does not tolerate alcohol, drugs, tobacco, or weapons including Swiss Army knives.
Resources to purchase items on packing list
- The Pines Camp Store: Many Items can be purchased through our online camp store or at camp!
- EverythingSummerCamp.com is a great one stop shop to purchase everything on the packing list. But what we enjoy are the C&N Footlockers, aka trunks. They are customizable and the perfect size to carry everything and fit in the cabin. Use the discount code bunk771TP
- Purchase Custom Labels from Stuck On You to help organize packing and the return of your child’s clothes and gear. Labels range from vinyl, to stick on, to iron on for clothing, shoes, books, flashlights, etc. Part of your purchase order comes back to help The Pines!